If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be feeling overwhelmed by the aftermath of such an experience. Navigating insurance claims and the legal concerns that come with your accident is a hassle when factoring in the physical and emotional pain.
You don’t have to feel so stressed about this, though; you need a law firm that you can trust. ATLINJ has the skills, intellect, knowledge and resources to help you get through the legal minefields and your insurer’s red tape. We’ll fight for your rights and maximize any compensation for your injuries so you can focus on healing.
What are the causes of pedestrian injuries?
There are as many causes of pedestrian accidents as there are automobile ones. Distracted driving has quickly moved up as the primary cause of all accidents involving a vehicle. Drivers may be more focused on their phone than driving, or they may be eating, adjusting the radio, turning around to check out the backseat passenger, talking to someone in the front seat, or even daydreaming a bit. Any of these distracted driving behaviors can result in a driver failing to notice a pedestrian.
Other causes of pedestrian injury accidents are:
- Driver fatigue
- Weaving in and out of traffic on city streets
- Failure to yield
- Running a stop sign or stoplight
What to do after a pedestrian accident?
If you have been in an accident, your injuries may be so severe that you are unable to do anything at all. Even if you don’t think your injuries are that bad, you should get medical attention. You might not realize it now, but many injuries can take anywhere from hours to days to show symptoms.
After your injury, if you are able to do it yourself, you should:
- Call 911
- If someone witnessed the accident, you should get their contact information.
- As soon as you get home, write down everything that you can remember about the accident
- Take the photos of the accident scene and license plate of the car that hit you with your phone, and we will turn them into a cash settlement.
- In the unfortunate event that you were hit by a car in Atlanta, it’s important to call an experienced pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible.
- Start creating a file for your medical receipts